To help those patients that have difficulty accessing information about their care in the standard ways. We aim to help by:
- Asking patients if they have any information or communication needs and find out how to meet their needs where practical
- Recording those needs in a set way
- Highlighting a person’s file so it is clear that they have information or communication needs and clearly explain how those needs should be met
- Sharing information about a person’s needs with other NHS and adult social care providers, when they have consent or permission to do so
- Making sure that people get information in an accessible way and communication support if they need it
Please ask Reception if you need an accessible information standard sheet to complete. This will then be updated in your records. We also have large print registration forms available. (see links below)
There is also a specific priority email address for any hearing impaired patients which will be monitored regularly for requests for appointments and queries.